Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Polenta 'Doughnut' with Puy Lentil Cabbage

Ah the polenta 'doughnut'... I have used it as a cunning ploy to grab your culinary attention!  Ha ha.

Other than cutting it in a circle and then a hole in the middle, its really just pan-fried firm polenta.
What really matters here is the way I have cooked the cabbage with puy lentils.  Its simple, but its a really good accompaniment.  I should know as I've featured its at least twice on my blog, see here and here.
Puy Lentil Cabbage
Serves 2 (can easily be doubled)
Ingredients
60g puy lentils
2 tablespoon olive oil
2 garlic cloves, crushed
½ Savoy cabbage or other green cabbage, core removed, shredded or sliced
Salt and pepper to taste
Method
Cook the lentils in water until tender. Drain and set aside.
Heat the oil in a frying pan, add the garlic and fry for a few seconds, then add in the cabbage and season to taste. Put the lid on and cook for 10 minutes, stirring frequently until the cabbage is tender. Then stir in the puy lentils.
Keep the heat low to keep warm and make the pan fried polenta. Serve as soon as the polenta is ready.  Its equally good with potatoes, or stirred into some plain white rice.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar