Do you know what's even nicer than a cookie jar with a little birdie family on it?
That would be one that is filled to the brim with homemade chocolate chip cookies.
Do you know what's even nicer than that?
Well, that would be when those homemade cookies were baked and placed into that cute cookie jar by a dear blog friend. A dear blog friend who, until now, was only known through our blog communications.
That all changed when Happy One (aka: Karen) contacted Happy@Home (aka: me) to see if we could meet for lunch last week. Seems Karen and her husband, Ken, were going to be passing through our area on their way to South Carolina.
I couldn't say "yes" fast enough.
Karen was one of the first people I met when I began blogging. She has been inspiring me with her daily walks and happy outlook on life for all of these years. It was a dream of mine to think that we would meet (in real life) someday.
When that day arrived, the conversation flowed and (much too) soon it was time for us to go our separate ways.
Through my years of blogging, I've read the stories of so many of you who have met one another in real life.
I must admit, after all these years, this is my first time.
I feel like a real blogger now :D.
Along with that cookie jar filled with Karen's famous "chocolate chippers", she gifted me with these adorable salt & pepper shakers.
They are going to fit in so nicely around here.
Especially after our first 20 minute long snow event.
Glad I happened to be looking out the window when it happened.
I'm also glad we were able to meet Karen & Ken for lunch.
It was a Happy, Happy day and one I won't soon forget.

0 Yorumlar